Auctions & Fundraisers
FightNight, Celebrity Benefit Auction
featuring Incredible Adventures
How to Make Your Charity Auction or
Fundraising Event a Huge Success
Incredible Adventures will partner with select
organizations for benefit auctions and fundraising events.Our
incredible adventures generate excitement among donors and the
media. Let us know about your upcoming charity event and we will
work with you to make it a huge fundraising success.
Step One: Contact Incredible Adventures by mail,
or fax, or call us:
800-644-7382. Provide the following information:
- Name of your organization and contact person.
- Who the event will benefit.
- Date of event and expected attendance.
- Type of package you think your audience would most like.
- Would they prefer to bid on a prize package for one person
and a guest or something good for a group of friends or co-workers?
Would they most likely bid on something under $5000 or over
$10,000? Would they want an adventure in the United States or
outside the country?
- Is there another auction item you could "package" with an
adventure? For example, has an airline offered roundtrip tickets?
Has a hotel offered free lodging somewhere?
Step Two: Incredible Adventures will review your information
and respond with one or more suggested adventures to match your
EXAMPLE 1: The theme of the event was "2001 A Space Odyssey".
Delta Air Lines had donated air travel. A tour of Kennedy Space
Center and a meeting with a former astronaut was available for
auction. Event organizers packaged those items with a custom
MiG-25 and Zero-G Adventure for two from Incredible Adventures.
The resulting package sold at auction for more than $200,000.
EXAMPLE 2: Mike Myers, star of "The Spy Who Shagged Me", was
the host of the auction. A prize package with a spy theme was
requested. Incredible Adventures proposed a custom two-day adventure
for 12 friends. The auction packaged the spy package with air
travel by chartered jet and a stay on a private island. The
package brought the highest bid in the event's history. Incredible
Adventures will offer the package(s) at a reduced rate.
Step Three: The Details
- Set a minimum bid for the package price. This amount should
be higher than the amount you must pay Incredible Adventures
IF AND ONLY IF the package is sold at auction.
- Incredible Adventures will assist in providing photos and/or
video to use in the auction presentation.
- Incredible Adventures can assist in writing an adventure description
for your auction program and/or press releases you plan to distribute
to area media outlets. Advance publicity of the auction item(s)
will increase interest and the level of bidding.
Step Four: The Event
- Incredible Adventures will provide you with a packet of information
you can award to the high bidder upon the auction committee's
receipt of payment.
- Coordinate with Incredible Adventures to help high bidder
schedule his or her adventure.
Next: Adventure Search by Price