Shark Adventures & More: Gansbaai
Dive Gansbaai, South Africa and come face to face with sharks
twice the size of grown men. You don't have to be a certified
diver to have an incredible adventure. It's not unusual to see
4 meter great whites as they feed on the area's large seal population.
You'll spend most of the day in the passageway between Dyer Island
and Geyser Rock, known throughout the world as Shark Alley. It
was around here that a 6.2 meter shark was accidentally caught
in a trawling net.
South Africa Sharks
Video by Charles
Maxwell, Underwater Cameraman
Price: $375, fully inclusive of all activities, guide
service, transfers, light meals, equipment
- Equipment: Wetsuit, weightbelt, mask, air
- Transfers - Return door-to-door guided transfer
- Guide service - Certified and registered tour guide service
for transfers and dive activities
- Meals - Breakfast, light lunch, snacks, post dive drinks
Recommended Clothing and Gear: Wind and rain proof clothing,
sun protection, motion sickness tablets, towel
Experience Level Required: No prior scuba experience is
necessary. Snorkel experience preferable.
Dive Profile: Cage tethered to the side of the boat at
surface depth. Maximum depth: 2.5m. 5 - 15 minutes in the cage
per dive. 3 - 4 dive opportunities (depending on the action)
Great White Shark Season: The Peak season is April
- October. There is good shark activity through the end of January.
Water visibility degrades in the Summer months, averaging 2 -5m/
6 - 15ft. February is the low month.
Accommodations: Arranged upon request.
Weather Conditions: Variable in the "Cape of Storms" -
sunshine, wind, rain, sea swell all possible during the day
Gansbaai, located about 160km southeast of Cape Town, South
Africa, offers one of the world's finest locations for viewing
the Great White Shark and other marine animals.
- No serious accidents recorded in 10 years of cage diving.
- 2 skilled Dive Masters with Level 3 Medic certification (including
O2 Management) supervise each dive, along with our highly experienced
- Dive boats and boat operations are monitored by SAMSA - South
African Marine Safety Association
- Ship to shore communications via radio and cellular
- As this is a door-to-door service provided by a certified
and registered guide, personal safety is assured.
Bring your own: towels, motion sickness tablets, sun protection
WHITE SHARK CAGE DIVE - 1 DAY (12 hours)
pickup at hotel/ accommodation in Cape Town Metropolitan area.
through to Gansbaai - "Great White Shark Capital of the
served and full safety briefing given by guide
Kleinbaai Harbour, 30 minutes later anchoring at "Shark
light lunch served on-board
time of return to harbour
in Cape Town
E-mail or call Incredible Adventures
today for further details: 800 644-7382
NEXT: Sardine Run